Curly girls, here’s another easy curly hair tutorial that you can dress up or down.
This simple side ponytail is easy enough to wear every day. It works well in second day hair and all you need are a few bobby pins.
It’s the kind of style I go to when I planned to wear my hair out but it’s too windy, or I’m sick of brushing my hair off my face. With just a few twists my hair is back and out of the way.
If you wanted to dress this style up, it works beautifully with a jewelled clip or comb at the back. You could even add a hair band or wear this style under a hat.
Let’s get on to the tutorial!
Curly hair tutorial – easy ponytail with a twist
What you need:
- Bobby pins
- Hair bungee (optional)
- Part your hair to the side or sweep your hair back from your face.
- Create your first twist by picking up hair from either side of your face at your temples. Cross them over to form a twist at the back of your head. Secure it in place with a bobby pin.
- Repeat the second twist below the first, this time picking up hair from around your ears. I like to pick up a bit more hair for this twist. Cross the sections over at the back twice to create your twist. Slide a bobby pin horizontally through the twist to hold it in place.
- Now to create your side ponytail, sweep your hair over your shoulder. Pick up a piece of hair from underneath and wrap it around your ponytail like a hair band. This is where you can use a hair bungee or elastic instead for extra hold.
- I like to wear this with a side part but you can have as little or as much volume you like at the front. Style it to suit your face.
- To add in extra volume, gently backcomb your hair at the crown and at the top of your head. You can also use styling powder to add extra volume.
- Another tip for extra volume is to pineapple your hair.
- If you need extra hold, hair bungees are the best for curly hair. There’s less pulling than with hair bands as you wrap them around your hair.
Please pin and share this tutorial. I would love to see this ponytail in your hair, tag me #hairromance on Instagram!