Beauty Blog School is my series for new bloggers who want to build a beautiful blog.
So you know how to start a blog but how do you write your first post? What do you write about?
Pressing publish on your first blog post is both exciting and nerve-wracking. I’ve had a few emails from bloggers who are holding off their launch because they don’t know what to write in that first post.
But here’s the thing.
Don’t stress about your launch. There’s a secret that people don’t often share but I will.
Your launch is not that important.
A launch can help you get PR as being new is newsworthy but your blog is more than one day. Your first blog post will never be your most popular post.
What is important is how you continue.
You have to be consistent and persistent to ensure your blog grows. Don’t let your first blog post nerves stop you from hitting publish.
How to write your first blog post
Choose and idea, sit down at your computer and start writing. Here are nine ideas for your first post on your blog:
- Why you’re blogging – tell us a story about why you’ve started your blog.
- How you chose your blog name – tell us how did you come up with your name?
- 10 things this blog is about – share what topics you will cover on your blog.
- 10 things this blog is not about – a funny twist on the previous idea, define your blog by what you won’t be about.
- Your mission statement – share your brand message behind your blog and what you stand for.
- 10 things you didn’t know about me – introduce yourself with 10 little known facts about you.
- A tutorial – skip the introductions and show how useful your blog is for your readers.
- A photo essay – visualise your story or take us behind the scenes with a series of photographs.
- A vlog – make a personal video intro to your blog for new readers.
The more you write on your blog, the easier it becomes. Don’t hesitate on pressing publish on your first blog post. It’s just the start of your blogging journey.
What did you write in your first blog post? Were you nervous pressing publish the first time?
PS. If you want to grow your blog and become a social media ninja, check out Little Blog Big workshops!