This braided bun is one of my favourite ways to wear my hair up at the moment. This hairstyle takes only a minute to do and is so simple.
I love how it shows off the colours in my hair too.
Braided Bun Hairstyle Tutorial
This braided bun is a reverse braid that’s rolled up into a low bun.
- Brush your hair back and split your hair into three equal sections at the nape of your neck.
- Create a basic 3-strand braid (plait) but instead of crossing the sections over, cross them under to form a reverse braid.
- Keep braiding your hair to the end and secure it with a small, clear hair elastic.
- Tuck the end of your braid in and roll your braid up to form a bun at the start of the braid.
- Pin in place with bobby pins.
- Use an elastic to match your hair, or a small clear elastic as they are much easier to hide in the finished style.
- You can stretch out your braid before rolling it up if your want the bun to look thicker and wider.
- Use strong bobby pins – remember pins cal only hold a small amount of hair so don’t open them up. Just push them into the bun then twist them round so they hold better.
I’d love to see a photo if you try this style! Tag me #hairromance on Instagram