It’s time for another Q&A video! This time it’s all about curly hair.
After my last call out for questions on Instagram and Snapchat, I had so many good questions that I couldn’t fit them all into one video. Today’s video is all about curly hair – best haircuts for curls, curly hair & exercise, fave products, braids frizz & more! Next week I’ll have the final Q&A.
Curly hair Q&A video
Click here if you can’t see the video above
Here’s the full list of questions I answer in my curly hair Q&A video:
- @Sarahkatejohnston – My daughter has thick, curly hair – what is the best cut to help manage but still keep the curls?
- @By.michellef – How do you preserve your curls during or after exercise?
- @Hannahstatham – yess! More gym hairstyles please
- @missstephiq @hairromance Please share your favorite shampoo, conditioner, and styling product for curly hair! Thanks!!!
- @annieditchburn How do you revive naturally curly on day two and three? Thanks!
- @lg4714 How long does it take you to refresh your curly hair in the morning?
- @tyler_elaine I have curly hair and it’s always frizzy all of the time! Any tips? What are some good ways I can pull it half up?
- @lilwoodnymph How do you braid your curly hair without first brushing it? I don’t want it to frizz out from brushing, but it gets so tangled, especially if it’s a day or two old
Posts mentioned in the video:
- Q&A video 1
- Tips for a great curly haircut
- My fave hair clip
- How to wash and style curly hair
- How to style curls with gel
- How to revive 2nd day curly hair
- My night time curls routine
My fave curly hair products mentioned in this video:
- O&M Shampoo & Conditioner
- Darshana Shampoo & Conditioner
- Darshana Hair Oil – http://fave.co/2caRJJw
- Matrix Biolage Conditioning Wash & for fine hair
- Matrix Biolage Defining Gel Cream
- Yarok Feed Your Curls Curl Cream
- Klorane Desert Date Leave in cream
- Schwarzkopf Curl Flex Creme
- Schwarzkopf Daily Oil Elixir
- Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Reactivating Spray (now Curl Primer)
- Unite Boing Curl Cream
- Taft Mega Styling Gel
Half up tutorials
- Easy half-up braid tutorial for curly hair
- Half-up braid for curly hair
- Chic and simple half-up twist
Wow – that’s a lot of links! But there were lots of questions and I hope this points you in the right direction to find the answer for your curly hair.
As always, you can ask me anything in the comments below or put in a request for another video!
It makes sense that you cover long curly hair in your videos (since that’s what you’re working with) 🙂
Could you help us pixie-cut curly/wavy-haired gals with tips on how to bring out our curls (and styling products that can help)? Specifically for those of use with thinner/finer hair?
OMG! Thank you so much for this video! I have super frizzy hair and I’m super afraid to use gels. This video helped me gain confidence and work with my hair! Thanks!
Hair Romance says
thanks so much, Jasmine! xx
Thank you for so many great tips! I want to try styling my curly hair with gel, but we don’t have the gel that you use in my country. Can I use a regular hair gel for men’s hair? Or what should I look for? My curls look a lot like yours (except that mine are totally out of control…) 🙂
Hair Romance says
Hi Karin, you should be able to find a similar gel, here’s a list of the ingredients to compare to other brands: “Aqua, VP/VA Copolymer, Sorbitol, Carbomer, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Propylene Glycol, PEG-75Lanolin, Benzophenone-4, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin.”
Did you mention another Shwarzkopf product at the start of your list of favourites?
Hair Romance says
oh thanks Amy! I have updated the post now and I mentioned the Curl Flex Creme which you can find at Priceline here – http://bit.ly/2caZcs9 xx
I absolutely love these looks! Braids are quick and easy, and they are a great option for managing stubborn hair! Nice work! Thanks so much for the ideas!