How long can you make a blowdry last in your hair?
I’m currently at six days but I think I’ve pushed it to the limit. One of the bad things about curly hair (dryness) is actually a great thing when you want a style to last.
When I was playing around with this hairstyle, I was sitting at around five days post blowdry. My hair still looked ok but it didn’t feel that great. That’s why I love braids so much.
If you hair still looks ok, don’t wash it. Instead do a quick and easy braid and you’ll be ready in no time.
By the way, if you’re wondering what the difference between a braid and a plait is, the answer is geography. In Australia and the UK, we use plait which is the same as the US braid. When we say braid, we usually mean French braid.
But there are so many types of braids it can be confusing.
A plait is always the simple, basic braid. It’s the building block for all my easy hairstyles because you can always do it in your own hair.
Easy plaited updo hairstyle tutorial
What you need:
- Messy hair
- 2 small clear hair elastics
- Bobby pins
- Separate the top half of your hair for the first plait.
- Create a plait (braid) by splitting your top section into three equal sections. Cross the right over the middle, then the left over the right and continue down.
- Secure the end of the braid with your elastic.
- Plait the bottom section. Repeat the same steps on the bottom section so you have two plaits (braids) in your hair.
- Roll the bottom plait into a bun. Curve your plait around to form a bun and pin in place with bobby pins. Don’t forget to tuck the ends in!
- Wrap the top plait around the bun. My hair isn’t that long so it just fits around my bun and I’ve tucked the ends under. Pin in place with bobby pins.
- Embrace messy hair – my hair was blowdried for this look but it would look fabulous in curly or wavy hair.
- Use small elastics – the smaller elastics are much easier to hide in the finished style.
- If you have really long hair – you’ll end up with a larger, statement bun which would look beautiful!
- If you have fine hair – remember to stretch out your braids before making the bun. This will make your hair seem thicker.
How do you feel about messy hair? How long can you make a blowdry last?
If you try this hairstyle I’d love you to tag me in your pic #hairromance xx