1. When life hands you lemons, put them in a spray bottle and spritz the formula onto your hair. You’ll get sheen and scent, both of which will gain you many, many years of luck with boys.
2. If you cut corners, you’ll wind up looking like a messed up version of yourself.
3. When the going gets tough, the tough bleach.
4. Speak softly and carry a big can of hairspray.
5. It’s OK if you don’t gel with everyone.
6. Work hard. Spray harder.
7. No one can make you feel you have bad hair without your consent.
8. Never forget your roots.
9. Ask not what you can do for your hair, but what your hair can do for you.
10. Only the good dye young.
I can’t remember how I discovered these words to live by but I’m so glad I did. Erin Loechner has a fantastic blog called Design for Mankind and she also has great hair.
Last year she posted chapter synopses for her Autohairography, a memoir retold through hairstyles. If you know a publisher that’s nice and likes quirky girls, get in touch with Erin.
Love this romance,keep growing.
Jackie Welling says
HHa i love this , how funny and clever!
Hahahaha that's brilliant. Love #9 especially 😉
erin loechner says
awww, thanks for having me, sweet girl! 🙂