I feel like I’ve been waiting for my hair to grow for ages until it was long enough to try this four strand braid.
Side braids are such easy, pretty hairstyles and if you want to step it up a notch, the four strand braid is perfect. You will need long hair to try this braid, or use some clip in hair extensions if you can’t wait for your hair to grow!
Four strand side braid hairstyle tutorial
- Brush your hair to remove any knots before you begin.
- Divide your hair into two equal sections and split those two sections in half; now you’ll have four equal sections.
- Take the section on the far left and bring it under the section next to it, then over the next section. Repeat the opposite for the section on the right: it goes over the section next to it, then under the next section. If you number the sections as positions 1, 2, 3, 4 starting from the left, it will be easier to understand. Section 1 goes under section 2 and over section 3. Section 4 goes over section 3 and under section 2. Repeat: Section 1 goes under section 2, and over section 3, and so on.
- Keep repeating these steps until you have reached the end of your hair. Secure the end of your braid with a hair elastic.
- Keep practicing! It will take a little while to get the hang of this braid.
- Remember, the pattern of under, over, over, under. Saying it aloud while you braid helps you keep track of the next step.
- Gently stretch the braid to emphasize the shape and show all four strands.
Share this tutorial if you like it and let me know if you try it!