Part of the Hair Romance Hair Stars series where the experts share their three must-have hair products that they can’t live without.
Tyler Johnston has forged an international hairdressing career with his work featured in just about every glossy you can think of. The British-born stylist is however best known for his private celebrity clients including David and Victoria Beckham. Tyler created the ‘Beckham mohican’ in 2001 and continues to reinvent David’s look, setting trends for haircuts and styling.
Tyler visited Australia for Hair Expo and for the Schwarzkopf Essential Looks tour. Apart from asking him what it’s like to touch David Beckham, I asked for his three must have hair products.
Tyler Johnston’s three must-have hair products
1. Mason and Pearson hairbrush because it’s an amazing product.
2. Japanese pins because they’re minimal. They’re flat, they’re straight and they’re seamless. You can’t see them.
3. Elastics from haberdashery, that’s where I get mine from.
1. Osis Dust It
2. Osis Elastic Finish Spray flexible hold hairspray
3. Schwarzkopf BC Oil Miracle
because they’re perfect for creating texture and finishing off a look.
Ok, so I let Tyler choose six products, but he had some great tips. I’m off to the haberdashery store to buy some elastic for my hair.
Have you tried any of Tyler’s must have hair products? What’s your hair must-have?