Looking for a quick hairstyle but still want a pretty way to pin your hair back? My Waterfall half-twist tutorial is just 3 twists and pin.
This Waterfall half-twist hairstyle looks like a complicated braid but it’s simply a twist.
A Waterfall Twist is a variation of the Waterfall Braid but instead of three sections there are only two sections. You start with two sections at the front and the the loose waterfall sections just travel between the two twisting pieces without combining with the actual braid at all.
The Waterfall half-twist tutorial
What you need
- Bobby pins
- Small hair elastic (optional)
- Brush your hair to remove any knots to make it easier to braid. If your hair is curly skip this step!
- Then take a large section of hair on the right hand side. Split this into two and twist the top section around the bottom section.
- Take a section of hair from above the twist, near your part, and place it between the two twisting pieces. It doesn’t connect, it just goes straight through.
- Twist the two original pieces. Take another section from above two twisting pieces and place it through again. Twist the two sections again.
- Complete your third waterfall twist section and you’re done.
- Now you just need to pin it in place. Lift up your hair at the back of your head and pin the twist underneath so that the ends are covered. If you want it to be more secure, use a small clear elastic at the end of the third twist and then pin the ends underneath. Cover the pins with the rest of your hair.
- To get a consistent look, make sure the waterfall sections you add to come through the twist are the same size.
- As you’re not really adding in any hair to this twist other than the two original sections, make sure you take a large enough section to twist. If the section is too small, you won’t be able to see the twist through your hair.
- When you pin the hair at the back of your head, you may want to just tease the hair a little and weave the bobby pin through so that it holds better.
You can wear this style on either the left or right side, as you prefer. It’s also another great option if you want a hairstyle to cover your ear.
Love to see a photo if you try the Waterfall half-twist in your hair! Tag me on instagram #hairromance xx