Hair Romance x Priceline Pharmacy Collaboration
Yes, it’s that time of the year again – Spring Racing season is here. I’ve got you covered with 3 easy hairstyle tutorials to suit your hat style.
If you’re planning to attend the races or any events around the season, it’s customary to wear a hat. Personally I don’t think there are enough events anymore where you’re required to wear a hat.
So if you’re not used to wearing hats, it can feel a little bit strange at first. And then there’s the question of how to match your hairstyle to your hat.
I’ve teamed up with Priceline to answer your beauty questions again and check out my video below to see my tips for easy DIY Spring Racing hairstyles.
Spring Racing Hairstyles – How to style your hair to suit your hat
Click here if you can’t see the video above
How to choose a hat for Spring Carnival
The spring season is the perfect time to pick bright colours. Put away your felt and wool hats and instead go for straw or linens. This season I’m loving straw boaters with wide brims and loose floppy hats as well.
Tips for wearing fascinators
Now if your budget doesn’t stretch to a custom hat, a fascinator is a fabulous choice.
The thing to consider with a fascinator is to play off the angles and shapes it creates. You want to choose a hairstyle that creates balance with the headpiece.
If you don’t feel comfortable with the height of a fascinator a headband is a great alternative.
Springtime is perfect for flower crowns (either real or silk flowers) and I’m loving the number of lace headbands I’m seeing at the moment too.
Do you need to take your hat off?
The good news with the races is that you’re not expected to take your hat off during the day. You can choose a hairstyle that just matches your hat without having to worry what it looks like without it.
How to choose the perfect hairstyle to match your hat
Prep your hair so it lasts all day
- The races is a long day so you want to make sure your hairstyle will last the distance. Good preparation is key, so use products to ensure your hairstyle lasts all the way to the finish line.
Look for balance
- Work with the angles of your hat and balance that out with a low or side style.
Sleek or textured
- In the same way that you’re looking for balance with the shape of your hat, you want to create harmony between the textures of your hat with your hair.
You can contrast sleek hair with a textured hat, or harmonise similar textures for an understated style.
- Except for the traditional black and white of Derby Day, Spring Racing Season is a festival of colour. Don’t be afraid to go bright with your headpiece or your hair colour.
Break the rules
- Wear what makes you comfortable. You can mix and match the hairstyles to suit the way you like to wear your hair and feel confident knowing that your hair will last the distance.
My Race Day Essentials
Here are my go to products to keep me looking fresh all day.
- I live by the rule of go big or go home, so Schwarzkopf Instant Volume Powder is one of my essentials. It helps my hair get great volume and gives real texture to braids as well.
- There’s not much you can fit in a clutch, so the L’Oréal Elnett hairspray is the perfect size. I’ll have it close by for any touch ups during the day.
- The Models Prefer SOS Combo Pack is the perfect handbag hair survival kit. Even if you don’t need it, one of your friends will be glad to know that you have it in your bag.
- I have super oily skin and my make-up needs all the help it can to last all day. I love the Models Prefer Finale Finishing Powder compact which I apply with a small powder brush for a matte and invisible finish on my make-up.
- During the day the Models Prefer Blotting Tissues help control shine.
- Where would I be without a bright lip! The L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Made For Me lipstick in 377 Perfect Red lives up to its name. It’s a long lasting formula and unlike some lipsticks, this colour won’t dry out, so you can easily touch up later in the day.
- To make sure your feet are looked after as well, get some Scholl Gel Activ insoles for high heels. You don’t want to be carrying your shoes at the end of the races so plan ahead and pop these gel cushions in your shoes so you can make it to the finish line.
I hope you like these tutorials and let me know if you’ve got any hair questions.
How will you be styling your hair to go with your headpiece?
Leave a Reply