You keep trying waterfall braid tutorials but can’t seem to get the result you want. I’ve got an easy braid hack that will help you get great hair.
Brought to you by the Scünci Quick Twist
Waterfall braids are one of my most popular and requested styles at Hair Romance. They’re so pretty – the way they seem to cascade across your hair.
I’m always looking for beauty shortcuts and this cheat waterfall braid is the best.
If you saw my boho twist tutorial, you’d know about the new Scünci Quick Twist. This fun styling tool helps you create rope braids in seconds with just a flick of a switch.
This waterfall twist braid tutorial takes it a step further and everyone will ask how you did your hair.
Waterfall Braid Tutorial
What you need:
- Scünci Quick Twist
- Hair elastic
- Bobby pins
- Take a section of hair at the side of your head. You can leave your fringe out or leave some layers loose around your face if you like.
- Split that section in half. This will become your twist braid.
- Clip one section at a time into the Scünci Quick Twist.
- On the Quick Twist, push up to twirl each section. You don’t need to overtwist your hair.
- Then push down to create your twist braid. Secure the end of your braid with a small clear elastic.
- Create the waterfall sections by pulling pieces of hair through your twist braid. Open up the twist with your finger and thumb, and pull a piece of hair through from the top of your head. It’s that simple!
- Continue creating the waterfall sections. Try to keep each piece of hair the same size to match along the braid.
- Pin your braid in place. Once you reach the end of your braid, lift up a section of hair at the back of your head and pin the braid in place. Cover the ends of your braid with the rest of your hair.
- If you have long hair, you can keep the waterfall section going around your head.
- Another alternative is to repeat this same waterfall braid on the right side of your head and tie the ends of both braids together at the back.
I’m pretty sure the Scünci Quick Twist will be top of a few wish lists for Christmas. It’s so fun to use and great for hair lovers and non-braiders alike.
You can find the Scünci Quick Twist at Target, Big W, Myer, Priceline, Shavershop, Harvey Norman, Good Guys, Dick Smith, Betta Stores and all leading electrical retailers.
I’m thinking my next style will be a ponytail of twist braids, or maybe a braid-wrapped bun. What tutorials would you like to see next?