After last week’s wedding hair love, I’ve found myself drawn back to more wedding hairstyles.
Then these gorgeous images landed in my inbox. Part of the Marchesa couture bridal show, these two styles are perfect in their simplicity.
So often a half-up braid or ponytail can seem too simple but it’s all about the styling and how you wear it.
I just adore these two styles and the whole look is so achievable for a formal or prom as well. Created by Moroccanoil Artistic Director, Kevin Hughes, these timeless styles are perfect for a modern bridal or prom look.
Bridal braids – how to get the look
- Blowdry your hair with a round brush for volume.
- Part your hair in the centre and clip away the front section for the braids.
- Curl the rest of your hair using a 1 1/4 inch barrel curling wand. Use a hairspray to help hold the curl.
- Unclip the front section and use Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray to add grip to the hair prior to braiding. Create two parallel Dutch braids on each side, that join up at the back of the head with a clear elastic band.
- Use hairspray to tame flyaways and finish the style.
Bridal ponytails – how to get the look
- Blowdry your hair with a round brush to add shape to the ends of your hair.
- Create a centre part and use Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray to add volume and grip to the the hair.
- Curl your hair back away from your face with a 1 1/4 inch curling wand.
- Gather your hair into a ponytail, low at the back of your head, just below the occipital bone.
- Loosen the hair around your face by pulling it forward to soften the style.
- Add a little more texture spray to finish the look.
- Tie a velvet ribbon around your ponytail for the perfect finishing touch.
The ribbons make such a difference, don’t you think?
It’s amazing the effect a simple hair accessory can have. It changes the entire style from an ordinary ponytail to something extraordinary.
Which is your favourite look?
PS. If you’re looking for more hair inspiration, you might like my 30 Buns in 30 Days ebook – it’s your solution to saving bad hair days with simple styles you can wear anywhere.
francesca jaques says
i absolutely love these wedding hairstyles i need to add these to my portfolios of hair <3