Hair Trend: Baseball Caps

by Hair Romance on February 19, 2013 · 9 comments

in Hair Trends,Hats,NYFW

Baseball caps are making a high fashion comeback. Baseball caps were the featured headwear at the Herve Leger show at New York Fashion Week and a street-style fashion favorite outside in the snow.

Hats are the antidote to a bad hair day, instantly covering your messy hair or a missed color appointments. Baseball caps have never looked so chic.

Baseball Caps at NYFW – Herve Leger

Herve Leger NYFW FW 2013 Baseball Caps

Baseball Caps Street-Style

Lee Olivera Street Style NYFW - baseball cap trend

Street style shots by Lee Oliveira

Baseball Caps Shopping Guide

Hair Romance baseball cap shopping guide

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

And just because of this gorgeous hair…

Zanita - Shea - basebal cap

Shot by Zanita featuring Shea of Peace Love Shea

I don’t tend to wear sports gear, but this sports-luxe trend could turn me. Are you a fan of baseball caps?

Courtney February 19, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I consider myself to be relatively fashion forward and never ever ever lean towards sports gear. But I discovered in a desperate search through my house for my football team’s game that I super love baseball hats on me.
More so with my longer hair but i looks forward to a summer full of baseball hats with my shoulder length hair.

Hair Romance February 19, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Caps look great with a bob Courtney. I think this will definitely be an easy summer hairstyle x

curlywurly February 19, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Although I do think they suit some people, a baseball cap isn’t really my style, I think I’ll just admire from afar on this one :)

Hair Romance February 20, 2013 at 10:50 pm

I never advocate trying every trend ;)

Kassandra February 20, 2013 at 6:23 am

hmm, no I don’t think caps are for me! But I LOVE pretty much every other style of hat!

Hair Romance February 20, 2013 at 10:51 pm

I love hats too Kassandra, lots of hat features coming up x

Rachel Bell October 15, 2013 at 5:17 am

I was on the fence about the trend but it looks like it’s here to stay. I found some cool patterned hats that will work well with fall colors.

Cecilee May 23, 2014 at 11:09 am

Hey! I’m curious which ways you’d suggest to style your hair with baseball hats! My work uniform required us to wear one & I’m trying to figure out ways I can still show some personality under that hat!

Hair Romance May 24, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Hi Cecilee, that’s a great idea for a post! I’ll shoot some ideas in a future post but for now try a side braid, a low pony, or mini buns.