Growing out your fringe/bangs? You’ll love this simple twist back style to tame your front layers.
If your hair is also prone to frizz, this easy hairstyle is perfect for twisting your hair back out of your face.
This hairstyle is so quick and easy. You can adapt it to suit your hair and it works for curly or straight hair. Give the tutorial below a try in your hair.
The Twist back – easy half-up hairstyle tutorial
What you need:
A small, clear hair elastic
- Part your hair on the right and take a one inch section of hair above your part.
- Split that section in two and twist them together.
- Add in hair from your hairline to one section and twist that back over the other section.
- Keep adding in hair and twisting the two sections together until you reach the top of your ear. Then curve the twist around the back of your head.
- Combine the twist with a section of hair from the left at the back of your head.
- I love an asymmetrical look to this style but you can adjust this to suit your taste.
- If you want more volume in your twist, add a little volume styling powder to your hair before you start.
- I’ve blowdried and curled my hair with a medium barrel curling wand to get these waves which I’ve loosely brushed out with my fingers.
What do you think of this hairstyle? I’d love to see a picture if you try it, tag me #hairromance on Instagram xx