I’m often asked how I come up with new tutorials and I find ideas everywhere. It could be from fashion, or films but sometimes I’m just playing around and create something.
For this lace braid hairstyle tutorial, I was playing around with creating a side swept style. This lace braid hold your hair in place, but still keeps a few layers loose around your face for a softer finish.
This style looks complicated but it’s actually quite simple.
A lace braid is a version of a French braid. It’s the same technique, except you only add in hair from one side.
For this lace braid, we’ll add in hair on the right from the back of your head. This will hold your side swept style in place.
Easy lace braid – the side swept hairstyle tutorial
What you need:
- Small hair elastic
- Bobby pin
- Start by making a deep side part on the right-hand side and brush your hair to remove any knots.
- Take a small section of hair at the start of your part and split it into three. Start your braid here and cross the right section over the middle, then the left over the right.
- As with a French braid, start to add in small sections of hair, but only from the right side. Don’t add in any hair from your hairline.
- Keep adding in pieces of hair from the back of your hair as you French braid until you reach around your jaw line.
- Finish your braid near your jaw and secure the end with a small hair elastic.
- Stretch out your braid. Make your braid look thicker by pulling at the sides to widen it.
- You can cover your hair elastic with a piece of hair from the front. Use a bobby pin to secure it in place over your elastic.
- Choose a hair elastic to match your hair, or use a small clear elastic. You want to disguise the end of your braid into the rest of your hair.
- This style looks great with some curl in your hair. Follow my tutorial for soft waves here.
I hope you like this hairstyle tutorial! If you try it in your hair please let me know. You can share photos on Instagram with me using #hairromance.
PS. Share my tutorial with a friend you’d like to try this style with, or pin it to Pinterest for hairspiration xx