Kate is a hairdresser living in North Carolina, sharing easy hair tutorials, beauty tips and crafty projects on The Small Things Blog. Today I’m sharing her elegant half-up hairstyle how-to.
How to get the look
- Start by blowdrying your hair with a volumizing mousse. This style is shown in straight hair, but also works with curls.
- Take a section of hair from the top of your head, around to the edge of the crown of your head. Lift it slightly to create some height, then pin in place at the back of your head with two horizontal bobby pins.
- Next take a small piece of hair from the front layers on the left side of your face. Bring this hair horizontally across to cover the pins at the back and pin in place vertically with a bobby pin. Tuck the ends of your hair under.
- Repeat on the right hand side, bringing a section across and under the left piece of hair, and pin in place with a bobby pin. Insert the pin vertically to hide the pin under your hair.
- Pin one more section from either side and pin in place in the same way at the back of your head. Tuck in any loose ends and make sure the style looks even from all sides. Gently loosen any pieces that are too tight.
Head over to The Small Things Blog to see more of Kate’s cute styles.
I love that this look works in shorter and long hair. Where would you wear this hairstyle?