This super quick twist will fix a bad fringe day. My rope braid tutorial is an easy style solution for a frizzy fringe or when you’re growing out your bangs.
I like to make a good blowdry last as long as possible. I have been known to push it to almost a week with these 10 tips to make your blowdry last for days.
The one thing that gives it away though is your fringe. I can get away without washing my hair but my fringe / bangs will always show signs of wear too soon. Probably because I keep touching my hair, and tucking it behind my ear. Something needs to be done.
Of course, you could just wash your hair but that takes too long. This quick and easy rope braid tutorial show you how to hide your fringe away in seconds.
Fix your frizzy fringe with this easy rope braid tutorial
What you need:
- Bobby pins
- Small hair elastic (optional)
- Part your hair. I like to do a deep side part.
- Take a one inch section next to your part and split it into two.
- Twist both sections forward towards your face, then wrap the front section over the back.
- Pick up hair to add to both sections. Twist each section forward and then wrap the front section over the back.
- Repeat, adding in hair one more time. Twist each section forward and then wrap the front section over the back.
- Finish in a rope twist braid. Continue twisting each section forwards and then wrap the front over the back. Continue twisting all the way to the end.
- Stretch out your braid! A must in every one of my tutorials. Gently pull at the sides of the braid to emphasise the twist shape. It also make your hair look thicker. Secure the end of your braid with a small elastic.
- Pin your braid back. Lift up a section of hair at the back of your head and pin the braid against your head. Place the hair back over the braid to hide the pin.
- If your hair is looking oily at the root, a spritz of dry shampoo before you start will fake fresh hair.
- Embrace messy hair. This braid doesn’t need to be perfect. I like it a little messy and uneven so experiment to see what you like in your hair.
- To pin the braid, I like to slide a bobby pin vertically up to connect the braid to the hair underneath. For extra hold, cross another bobby pin over to form an X shape.
What do you think of this twist? What’s your fast fix for a frizzy fringe? (I do love that alliteration!)
PS. I’m wearing this gorgeous necklace from Blush & Co.
Excellent quick braid for a trip to the gym while growing out your bangs. Thanks for this
Natalie Ann says
Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ?
Hair Romance says
Thanks so much, Natalie Ann! xx