This Spring Flower hairstyle tutorial is all about accessorising with your own hair. I’m so excited to have the gorgeous Kassandra of Design Everyday as my special guest with this super sweet tutorial.
Kassandra is originally from Australia, now living in Vancouver. She blogs about design inspiration and her life as well as posting some incredible hairstyles.
You might remember these crazy flowers made of hair, but this tutorial makes it so much more wearable. Kassandra’s step-by-step tutorial is below.
Spring Flower Hairstyle Tutorial
- I curled my hair first for this style but it will look just as pretty with straight hair, so take your pick. Section the front of your hair from just behind your ear.
- Start braiding the section of hair. Keep the braid tight and keep in mind that wherever the base of the braid is that’s where the finished flower will sit.
- Once you are about a quarter of the way down your hair stop. Whilst holding the braid end with one hand, use your other hand to pull the hair loose down one side of the braid.
- Continue braiding another quarter down your hair.
- Pause again to stretch out the braid on the same side as before.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have braided to the very end of your hair. Use a small elastic to secure the ends.
- Tuck the ends of your hair under and start rolling the braid upwards with the pulled edge facing outwards.
- Continue rolling upwards, adjusting it as needed so the hair forms petals.
- Pin in place with as many pins as needed, I used one in the centre and two on the outside. You can also finish it off the a cute clip of accessory in the centre.
Thanks Kassandra for sharing this simple and beautiful tutorial! Don’t forget to check out Kassandra’s blog Design Everyday.
I love that this style is easy enough to wear every day, but would also be a beautiful prom hairstyle.
Where would you wear this hairstyle?
My flower girls will wear these for my wedding in a few short weeks. Thank you for the great idea and tutorial!! (:
Hair Romance says
Oh that is such a gorgeous idea! Good luck and I’d love to see a photo x
This is such a cute idea! I’ll definitely try it!