Inspired by this braid hairstyle, get swept away with this sweeping half French braid hairstyle tutorial.
My beautiful niece is lending me her hair for today’s tutorial. I wish we lived closer so I could do her hair every day! Wait till you see the hairstyle we created for her school formal.
This braid is a simple hairstyle that only takes a couple of minutes to do. It’s a chic way to wear your hair back but still leave your hair out.
It’s just a normal French braid but instead of adding in hair to each section, you skip a few so that your hair sweeps in from the front only.
Sweeping Half French Braid Tutorial
What you need:
- A small hair elastic
- Brush your hair to remove any knots.
- Start your braid near your crown. Take a good-sized section of hair at the top of your head to your crown and split it into three.
- Make a regular braid for 4 turns, then add hair from your hairline the way you would with a French braid. Sweep it back into your braid.
- Do the same on the other side and add hair from your right side hairline.
- Now continue the regular braid for another 4 turns then repeat stage 3 and 4 where you add in French braid sections.
- Finish in a normal braid (plait) and secure the end with a small hair elastic.
- This style is beautiful in straight hair as you can clearly see the sweeping sections but it also works in wavy and curly hair too.
- If you have short layers, this style probably isn’t going to work in your hair.
- When you add in the French braid sections, pick up hair from near your hairline only so that you can sweep it back into your braid.
- Try a full braid variation – I’ve left half of her hair out loose under the braid, but you could also add it all in and finish in a regular braid.
Tell me, do you like this hairstyle? Where would you wear it? If you try this, share a photo with me! #hairromance xx
this looks doable! I’m trying this for work! good for straight hair too 🙂
This is gorgeous! But I’ve just cut my hair into a bob today, so I guess I’ll have to wait a while before I can try it.